So, in the end, I didn't manage to watch a horror film every day of October. But I did get about 2/3rds. In reverse order, they are as follows:
20. The Devil Rides Out AKA The Devil's Bride (1968).
19. The Purge: Anarchy (2014).
18. V/H/S 2 (2014).
17. Scalps (1983).
16. Isle Of The Dead (1945).
15. The Prowler AKA Rosemary's Killer (1981).
14. Triangle (2009).
13. You're Next (2013).
12. The Loved Ones (2009).
11. Kotoko (2011).
10. King Of the Ants (2003).
9. The ABCs Of Death (2012).
8. Dumplings (2004).
7. Scream of Fear AKA Taste of Fear (1961).
6. Blood From The Mummy's Tomb (1971).
5. Equinox (1970).
4. Vampire Doll AKA Legacy of Dracula AKA Ghost House: Bloodsucking Doll (1970).
3. The Bloody Exorcism of Coffin Joe AKA Exorcismo Negro (1974).
2. The House on Straw Hill AKA Exposé (1976).
1. Die! Die! My Darling AKA Fanatic (1965).
Thursday, 9 October 2014
"Dumplings" (2004). Something more recent for a change. This Hong Kong film tells the story of the relationship between two women: one seeking to regain her youthful looks, the other with an unusual means of doing just that. It's the titular dumplings, you see -- but whatever is in them? It's a testament to this film that the answer is hinted at and suggested pretty much from the get go, without hurting the pacing or the plot. "Dumplings" also manages to somehow be sexy as well as gag-inducing. 7/10